Alaska Homeowners Insurance
Find the Cheapest Home Insurance Rates:
Homeowner's insurance is essential for Alaska residents. There are multiple types of homeowner's insurance that Alaska residents can choose from, but standard Alaska home insurance policies typically cover the following expenses:
- Damage to sheds and other outbuildings
- Damage to the structure of your home
- Damage to property that you keep in your home
- Medical expenses for injuries that guests suffer while at your home
- Lawsuits that arise from an injury that someone suffers on your property
- Hotel stays during a period of time that your home isn't habitable
What Companies Offer Alaska Homeowners Insurance?
While there are home insurance companies that are unique to Alaska, Alaska residents can get coverage from most national insurance companies. Here are some companies that offer homeowner's insurance to Alaska residents:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Alaska National Insurance Company
- Pippel Insurance
- Kenneth A Murray Insurance
- Hagen Insurance
- Randall Moss Insurance
- Travelers Insurnace
- Met Life
How To Choose A Homeowner's Insurance Company In Alaska:It's important to compare rates between as many companies as you can. However, rates aren't the only thing to consider. Always become familiar with what each policy covers, and find one that's as comprehensive as possible.
Read plenty of online reviews of an insurance company that you're considering, and make sure that some of the reviews are written by Alaska residents. Reviews of homeowner's insurance companies can be found on a variety of websites, such as Reviews.com, Angie's List, and The Better Business Bureau website. If you choose a smaller insurance company, make sure that they are accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Do You Need A Different Policy If You Have A Home In Alaska That You Rent Out?
If you're renting out a house or part of a house, you'll need to get a landlord's insurance policy. These policies are offered by some of the same companies that offer other homeowner's insurance policies.
How Much Will You Pay For Homeowners Insurance In Alaska?
Homeowner's insurance in Alaska costs an average of 976 dollars per year. This is considerably less than the national average of $1,132 dollars per year. However, there are ways that Alaska residents can save money on homeowner's insurance.
How To Save Money On Homeowner's Insurance:
- Bundle your auto and home insurance.
- Take steps to protect your home from disasters.
- Get a home security system.
- Choose a homeowner's insurance company and stick with it.
- Make sure your credit score stays high.