Contrary to other insurance companies, Arbella operates using the Independent Agent Model. This means that Arbella Insurance Group is a carrier for independent insurance agencies in the US. This insurance company operates in Massachusets and Connecticut, but their financial strength and good reputation make them an ideal insurance provider for basic homeowners insurance. However, is Arbella the right insurance company for you?
Table of Contents
Arbella has been in the business for over 30 years after Kemper Insurance Group decided to withdraw from the Massachusetts auto insurance market. Despite being the business for 3 decades, their services remain to be focused on their core areas, which are Massachusets and Connecticut.
Apart from offering different insurance products, Arbella is also committed to community service. They work with their employees to help the residents and the communities of Massachusetts. On top of that, Arbella works and matches the gifts and charity donations given by their employees.
Products and Discounts
This is the base policy insurance offered by Arbella, which covers insurance for single-family homes, condos, and even rental properties. It provides replacement and repair cost for the structure of the home. Moreover, it also includes replacement coverage for personal properties and personal liabilities. The insurance policyholder will also be able to choose to increase the limits on their policy by discussing the customization option with their local independent agent.
- Guest Medical Protection – An accident may occur in your home and guests may suddenly become injured in your property. This add-on will cover the medical expenses incurred in case of an accident in your home.
- Equipment Breakdown Protection – If you have expensive equipment at home, you can opt to add insurance protection for them in case the equipment breaks down.
- High-Value Items Protection – There might be expensive jewelry or artwork in your home that won’t have sufficient coverage with your basic homeowners insurance. Homeowners can choose to increase the limits on the policy by purchasing high-value items protection.
- Residence Safety Package – Homes with protective devices like burglar alarms, smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, or security cameras are awarded a discount on their premium.
- MAHA Workshop Savings – A 10% discount is given to first-time homebuyers who have attended a Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance Workshop.
- Bundle Discount – Customers that bundle their home and auto insurance may be able to reduce their premium by 25%.
- Renew and Save – 3% discount for every year renewed on the policy. If there are several policies bundled, the discount offered is at 5%.
- New Home Credit – A 20% discount is offered for homes that are less than 10 years old.
- Full Payment Discount – Homeowners that pay for their policy in full will also be given an additional discount on their premium.
Pros and Cons
Several Discount Options
Arbella discounts are actually quite impressive since they offer such a wide range of it. They offer the common homeowners insurance discount like security device discount, bundle discount, and full payment discounts. However, they also offer unique discounts like the MAHA Workshop savings discount and the new home credit discount.
Online Claims Filing
Policyholders may find the online claims filing option to be of great convenience. They can file for their claims via the form on the website. Homeowners can just log in and file for their claim on the website. However, they also have the toll-free hotline that is available 24/7 if you choose not to apply for a claim online.
Low Customer Satisfaction Rating
Arbella Insurance has a 1.5-star rating on Yelp, which is considered to be extremely low. Most of the complaints were regarding the slow response to claims and that they cancel their policyholder’s insurance with no warning. On top of that, some customers complain that the agents that deal with their claims are rude and unprofessional. There are several negative complaints against Arbella, but it seems as though their customer service is reaching out to unsatisfied clients.
No Online Quotation
Since Arbella works with the Independent Agent Model, you need to communicate with your agent personally to find out more about the rates of your premium. There is no online quotation available on their website, which can be an inconvenience for some customers that wish to find out the possible rates of their insurance immediately.
Overall, Arbella is a reliable insurance company with a unique system. Much like several other insurance companies, Arbella needs to improve its customer satisfaction rating. Since their services are focused on Massachusetts and Connecticut, they are able to provide a more specialized service for their clients.