Concord Group is a contender in the homeowners insurance world because the company has been around since 1928. They are based out of Bedford, NH, since they have recently moved from Concord. NH. Concord Group has over 600 local agents to help customers in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Upon visiting their website, you can see they offer countless products that aim to help residents and business owners alike. The company aims to provide stability and excellent claims handling to its customers. Concord Group is part of Auto-Owners Insurance Group.
In 2022, the Auto-Owners Group was recognized as one of the top performers by Ward’s. It made it to the list of the top 50 property-casualty insurance companies for providing high-level performance to its customers. Concord Group maintains its status by continuing to win awards regularly, showcasing its commitment to providing customers with excellent insurance products.
You can get homeowners insurance through Concord Group, and they offer coverage to many different types of homes. Aside from traditional homeowners insurance, they also provide coverage for condos, apartments, mobile homes, and rental homes. They also offer insurance for pets, cars, ATVs, trailers, boats, motorhomes and RVs, flood insurance, and umbrella policies. There seems to be a product for every situation.
Concord Group homeowners insurance coverages
Concord Group is very upfront about what they offer to homeowners. They have their coverages listed directly online, so you will always know what you can expect when you purchase a policy. Their standard homeowners policy protects your dwelling, other structures, personal property, personal liability, medical payments, and additional living expenses.
If you are looking for a more comprehensive policy, you can build one through Concord Group. They offer many other coverages that you can decide to add if you are looking for some extra protection. The company states that they want to find customers the right coverage to provide peace of mind to the homeowner.
If you want to add extra coverage to your homeowners insurance policy, Concord Group makes this simple. They have all of their additional coverages listed on their website. You can add them if you require some extra protection for your home.
- Guaranteed home replacement cost: In case your home must be rebuilt, this coverage offers a full replacement when the cost of the rebuild is higher than your dwelling coverage.
- Special personal property: This coverage provides broader protection for your personal items that includes loss, misplacement, staining, and defacing.
- Extra security protection: This coverage is offered by Concord Group in two different packages. Extra Security Protection Plus and Extra Security Protection Ultra are two bundles that are already put together that come with coverage for your property caused by appliance leaks, increased limits for food spoilage, and more.
- Service line: In case a service line is damaged from rust or wear and tear, this coverage will protect you.
- Green endorsement: This coverage provides you with an additional $20,000 for added expenses relating to eco-friendly materials and energy-saving appliances.
- Water backup of sewers: Available in a wide array of limits, this coverage will protect you in case the sewers back up and cause water damage in your home.
- Ordinance or law: If your home must be rebuilt due to covered damage, this coverage will pay for you to get up to code.
- Equipment breakdown: In case your household appliances and systems break down, this coverage will allow you to repair or replace them.
- Identity theft: This coverage offers up to $15,000 of coverage in case your identity is stolen and you must go through necessary steps to get it back.
Aside from this range of different coverages, you can also buy flood insurance and umbrella policies through Concord Group. They have many ways for you to feel secure when you choose them as a carrier because their products are so vast.
Concord Group home insurance discounts
There are many ways you can save money on an insurance policy when you choose Concord Group. They have all of their discounts listed clearly online, so you can see which ones you may qualify for.
- Multi-policy: When you hold an auto policy through Concord Group, you qualify for a discount on your homeowners insurance.
- Protective devices: Having smoke detectors, fire alarms, fire extinguishers, and deadbolt locks will also qualify you for a discount.
- Automatic backup generator: If you have a backup generator, you may qualify for a discount.
- Favorable loss history: Those who have no losses or few losses may qualify for a discount.
- Electronic documents: Choosing to receive your policy documents electronically can earn you a discount.
- Mortgage-free: If you do not have a mortgage or line of credit on your home, you may qualify for a discount.
- Advance quote: This discount is available to new customers who request a quote before the effective date of the policy.
- Water shut-off system: Having an approved and properly installed whole-home water shut-off system that helps to prevent leaks will earn you a discount.
- Years of construction: Newer homes that were built within the last 15 years may qualify for a discount.
- Paid-in-full: Paying your insurance in full will give you a discount, with the exception of escrow-billed accounts.
Concord Group homeowners insurance premiums
The cost of a homeowners insurance policy through Concord Group can vary greatly. This is because the company offers so many different ways to protect your home. It is thought that you can end up with a pretty affordable rate because of all the discounts provided as well. To get an accurate quote, it is best to put together a policy for your home through one of their local agents.
According to customers, Concord Group has great rates that are known for being affordable. Many customers seem to have great things to say about the pricing and find it to be fair. Some have also suggested the company continuously tries to get the lowest rates possible, which is great news for those looking for affordable insurance. There are some complaints about the premiums going up after renewals. Filing a claim has also increased rates for some.
Many people who have filed claims through Concord Group have positive things to say. There have been customers who have experienced ice storms, food spoilage, and more that were able to successfully file claims and get paid out in a timely manner. These customers seem very happy with the process, stating the employees at Concord Group were very helpful during these times.
This is important to consider when choosing an insurance company. While you do not anticipate needing to file a claim, it is helpful to hear that Concord Group deals with each one accordingly. Most customers recommend working with them and appear to have no issues when it comes to filing claims and getting them paid out.
Most of the reviews left for Concord Group regarding customer service are positive. People have stated the company is very easy to work with and there when they are needed most. One person says they are very straightforward, making it very simple to start and maintain a homeowners insurance policy. It appears that you can get the help you need when you contact Concord Group.
Judging by these happy customers, it is promising to see that Concord Group delivers when it comes to customer service. They showcase their ability to maintain great customer relationships, which is important when choosing an insurer.
Concord Group’s financial ratings
Concord Group has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since January 1990. They have earned an A+ rating, which is the highest awarded to companies. Over the last three years, it appears Concord Group has only had one closed claim.
Concord Group has also earned the highest rating through AM Best. They received an A+ rating from the company in December 2022 for the third consecutive year. This showcases the company’s persistence when it comes to staying financially stable.
Concord Group is a great company to work with based on its customer reviews and consistent ratings from professional organizations. They offer a wide range of products with additional options that can be added as needed. No matter what type of home you own, it is likely that Concord Group will be able to insure it.
They offer plenty of discounts to their customers to help keep rates low. As stated by customers, they already offer affordable rates, which makes them an even bigger contender for a great company to choose if you are looking to save money on your insurance. You can get excellent protection at a great price, which is a valuable benefit.
If you end up needing to file a claim, you will be taken care of according to existing customers. Many people who have filed claims were able to get help in a timely manner and received their payments. This is excellent because you never know when you might need to file. Overall, it appears that Concord Group is a great choice when it comes to homeowners insurance.