If you’re looking for an insurance company that will allow you to have a straightforward insurance needs by managing your own policies or you like to get your quotes without leaving your house, this company might be the one you're looking for. They are known for their cutting-edge mobile application, user-friendly website, and interactive tools.
Esurance was founded in 1998 to offer a new and more convenient buying experience to customers by using the internet. It was obtained by Allstate in 2011, which is one of the biggest auto insurance company in the United States. They became more popular when they aired their commercial in 2014, in the Super Bowl game. They announced that they will be having a 1.5-million USD worth of sweepstakes on Twitter, which resulted in 2.6 billion impressions on their social media platforms.
Today, they are serving 43 states, however, home and rent insurance policies aren't available in all 43 states. If home insurance isn't available in the Esurance in your area, they can refer you to some of their affiliate partners who offer home insurance policies.
Clearsurance rated 4.08 stars in Esurance’ home insurance reviews. Some customers say that they had an easy experience with the company and that it's very flexible when it comes to adjusting on their needs. However, there are negative comments and complaints about Esurance as well. Saying that they aren't happy with the service and that their insurance goes up.
Since the company is backed up by Allstate, their J.D. Power Rating is just the same. In the 2018 U.S. Home Insurance Study, they got an about average rating, which is just the same as what State Farm got.
When it comes to its financial strength, A.M. Best rated them A+, which means their financial foundation is very solid. However, State Farm and Geico's rating is higher.
“Insurance for the modern world” is the tagline in their latest commercial. They claim to have innovative mobile and online tools to make your insurance needs and claims more manageable and convenient. They also claim to have a reasonable rate and great coverage.
Despite the discounts, and their claim saying that they have a reasonable rate, Esurance is still pricey and continues to raise its rates every time. If you're on a budget, this might not be a good choice for you since a modern service brings higher costs. Other than that, most customers are complaining about their customer service being unavailable when they need help. The reason might be behind their innovative technology. Since the company wants to establish more customer interactions over the phone and via the internet, there are no actual agents available to meet their clients’ needs. As a result, the customers’ problems aren't solved properly.
However, they provide all the tools needed to easily and quickly manage their customers home insurance policy. Their quote tool will show a clear and straightforward rate on each type of coverage you will be choosing. Also, their mobile apps are one of the best, such as their video claim appraisal, which is a great advantage for you. Their claims are sort of true but when it comes to their affordable rates, it is better for you to get a quote to know how much it will cost you.
There are two unique features included in their standard policies that you can't find on most home insurance companies out there. These include:
- Fire Department Charges - Esurance will pay the service charge of the fire department when you call them. They will pay up to 5,500 USD.
- Water Backup Coverage - When a sump pump becomes damaged or the drain overflows, Esurance will pay 5,000 to 25,000 USD depending on which state you're in.
They also have other home insurance features, including:
- Extended Premises - This will extend your coverage to all the units you have in your building.
- Fair Rental Income - If a rental space in your home becomes uninhabitable, this will pay the lost income.
- Identity Theft Coverage - Will provide 10,000 USD to fix your credit and reputation when you become an identity theft victim.
- Home Daycare - A protection when an accident happens in the home daycare you’re running.
- Building Codes Coverage - Esurance will provide more money when your home requires more expensive repairs because of new laws about building codes.
- Increased Building Structure Coverage - When your coverage limits aren't enough, you will have extra dwelling
You can get a lot of discounts when you apply for an insurance policy in Esurance. You will get these discounts if you’re:
- Living in a smoke-free home
- Paying on time
- Loyal Customer
- Residing in a storm shutter and hail-resistant Roof
- Availing a multi-policy
- Installing alarm systems and safety devices
- In a new home
- Having a DIY inspection
- A new customer
Here are some of the pros and cons of gettings a home insurance policy in Esurance to wrap our whole review up.