People’s Trust Insurance was founded in 2008, 3 years after Hurricane Katrina to fill a gap in the lack of affordable home insurance solutions in Florida and help cater to the challenging Florida market. The company is relatively new but it’s built a track record of providing successful claims to customers in the Sunshine State for well over 10 years now. People’s Trust is based out of Deerfield Beach, FL.
People’s Trust is one of the largest home insurance companies in Florida – providing home insurance to over 110,000 households across the state of Florida. The company focuses on “active emergency response” significantly more than other insurers– People’s Trust has 10 emergency-response centers, a fleet of over 100 trucks and their services were actively providing repairs to homeowners in Tallahassee during Hurricane Irma.
People’s Trust promises some of the most affordable home insurance rates in Florida, including numerous discount options. Their reputation is for reasonable rates and they have the fastest emergency response rate, with 24/7 on-site emergency repair teams and they’re affiliated with Rapid Response Team – the largest on-site repair contractor in the state of Florida, providing immediate emergency relief, and numerous recovery/repair options with a fleet of repair trucks.
People’s Trust provides insurance against the following:
- Fire/smoke damage.
- Natural disasters: Windstorms, hailstorms, winds
- Theft & home invasions/break-ins
- Water accidents (except floods)
Table of Contents
Homeowners Insurance Plans
People’s Trust has 2 main tiers of homeowner plans: Regular Full-Service HO-3 and Basic Choice. The difference is the HO-3 plan is a bit pricier, and the Basic Choice plan is budget-friendly and more aimed at tenants/renters.
The company service caters to average homes all over the state of Florida, and their plans offer the same ISO standard as the rest of the insurance industry. People’s Trust plans offer some of the most affordable rates in the country, including discounts for veterans.
NOTE: There is an optional ‘Flood Insurance Policy’ for both plans, which applicants can add to their existing policy after a 30-day wait time. Floods make up over 50% of all claims in the state of Florida and many companies are hesitant to add flood-protection in their main plans. Coverage for Flood Insurance Policy is not included with standard plans and has to be added separately. In most flood zones in Florida, People’s Trust coverage only costs about $1.4/day, or $500 a year.
This is their main flagship plan – aimed for families and individuals for complete homeowner protection against all natural disasters and accidents in the state of Florida.
The HO-3 plan is only available for homeowners who can verify property ownership – this plan is not available to renters and/or partial property owners. The plan provides coverage for all accidents/disasters across the board, except floods (a flood insurance policy can be added separately).
The HO-3 plan is available for the following homes:
- $200,000 minimum home value for homes in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach.
- $100,000 minimum home value for homes across the rest of the state of Florida.
Basic Choice Plan
The Basic Choice plan is a budget-friendly plan for tenants/renters who wish to add a layer of security to the home they’re renting. If your landlord requires you to pay for the insurance, this can be a very affordable option considering People’s Trust offers some of the best rates in Florida.
The Basic Choice plan is available for the following homes:
- $100,000 minimum home value for homes in Miami-Dade County, Broward County, and Palm Beach county.
- $50,000 minimum home value for homes across the rest of the state of Florida.
- Flooding Plan: People’s Trust flood insurance policy is the most sought-after add-on, which can be added to your existing plan because People’s Trust plans don’t offer coverage against floods by default. This is a relatively cheap add-on, costing the equivalent of less than $1.5 a day.
- Equipment Plan: People’s Trust can cover all equipment in the house such as your home appliances (refrigerators, washing machines, microwaves, etc). It also covers devices such as A/C units, computers, gadgets, security cameras and more. For example, their equipment plans can start at as low as $50/year and include coverage of up to $100,000 for all appliances. The plans also include $10K worth of food spoilage.
- Utility Lines Plan: This add-on is for critical infrastructure which is invisible such as water pipes, gas pipes, sewers, electric lines, etc. This add-on is the cheapest and it’s sold for only $22, while it provides coverage for up to $10K worth of replacements.
People’s Trust offers more discounts than the average homeowners insurance provider in Florida. The following discounts are available:
- Veteran’s discount (The only Veteran’s discount in the state of Florida aside from USAA)
- 55+ years age or older, regardless of retirement status
- Military personnel
- Secure/gated community discount
- Burglar alarm discount (for homes with security systems)
- Credits for insurance score, wind mitigation and more
The company enjoys an overwhelmingly positive feedback – backed up by thousands of reviews. The only recurring negative in the customer reviews is that they claim the company increases premiums on renewals and sucks in new customers by advertising low premium fees in the first year. However, their customer service is top-notch and they always pay out on claims as promised – a lot better compared to most Florida home insurers who lower payouts and who clients frequently have to take to court.
With People’s Trust, you are at least guaranteed reimbursement for the full extent of your damages. People’s Trust has a reputation for being reliable during disasters, and they can provide immediate repairs during disasters with emergency response teams – highlighted in multiple customer reviews.
Conclusion – The Rundown On People’s Trust
People’s Trust lives up to its name – it’s one of the most trusted, reliable and affordable homeowners insurance companies in Florida. They stand apart by offering a fleet of active emergency-response teams, as well as having access to the largest on-site contractor in the state of Florida. People’s Trust has affordable plans for homeowners and tenants alike, 10 locations all over Florida for deploying emergency-response teams, a fleet of 100+ trucks and 3-year guarantees for large repairs. People’s Trust also offers military/veteran discounts which make them stand out from other insurance companies.