Photo of author

Katelyn Huffman

Katelyn is a freelance copy editor and writer based in Massachusetts. She holds Bachelor's Degrees in Business Administration and Political Science, both from Fitchburg State University, as well as a Master's Degree in Public Administration from UMass Amherst. In her free time, Katelyn enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with her family.
Read articles written by Katelyn Huffman

Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Explosions?

Yes, damage from explosions is covered by homeowners insurance. Even basic named-peril policies such as HO-1 and HO-2 include it in the list of covered perils.

Read more

Watercraft Endorsement for Homeowners Insurance

Watercraft endorsement is an add-on coverage for homeowners insurance to cover your boat. While it provides less coverage than boat insurance, it provides more protection than standard homeowners insurance.

Read more

Can I Get Home Insurance with Knob and Tube Wiring?

Yes, you should be able to get homeowners insurance from most companies if your home has knob and tube wiring. However, be prepared to pay higher premiums as this type of wiring is considered to be a fire hazzard.

Read more

Guaranteed Replacement Cost for Homeowners Insurance

Guaranteed replacement cost is the highest level of coverage you can select for your dwelling coverage portion of homeowners insurance.

Read more

16 named perils

16 Named Perils for Homeowners Insurance

Damage caused by 16 named perils are covered by most homeowners insurance policies. Find out what the 16 named perils are.

Read more

Does Home Insurance Cover Wind & Hail Damage to Siding?

Yes, homeowners insurance covers functional wind and hail damage to your siding, as long as wind and hail are not excluded from your policy. In most cases, cosmetic damage claims are not covered.

Read more

Why Is the Home Insurance Company Taking Pictures of My House?

There are several reasons your homeowners insurance company may need to take pictures of your home.

Read more

Does Homeowners Insurance Cover a Hot Tub?

Yes, most homeowners insurance policies will cover your hot tub in some way if it is damaged by one of the covered perils. Personal liability and medical payments coverage may kick in if a guest to your home gets injuried in your hot tub.

Read more

Will a New Roof Get Me a Home Insurance Discount?

Although the answer depends on your insurer, for many insurance companies, a new roof will qualify your house for a discount and will lower your annual homeowners insurance premium by hundreds of dollars.

Read more

Additional Interest vs Additional Insured for Homeowners Insurance

When looking at your homeowners insurance policy, you might see terms like Additional Interest and Additional Insured. Unless you are an insurance agent, it can be hard to understand all the terms and their meaning.

Read more

Ordinance or Law Coverage

Ordinance or law coverage is an add-on insurance coverage for homeowners insurance. It covers the cost of re-building the home to local building code requirements after it has been damaged or destroyed by a covered event.

Read more

Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Wear and Tear?

Wear and tear are excluded from standard homeowners insurance coverages. Homeowners is supposed to be the one responsible for maintaining the house and the property in a well-functioning order.

Read more