Chubb Home Insurance Review
Chubb offers one of the most robust home insurance coverage in the industry for homeowners. However, this wide-range coverage comes at a hefty price.
One of the most important investments in your life is your home. This is why it is only natural that you choose the best insurance policy for what is probably your biggest asset to date. Finding the right company and policies will take time, especially with dozens of organizations offering their insurance services. This is why we have pulled together a review of Chubb home insurance policies.
Chubb is one of the biggest insurance companies worldwide. Its parent company, Chubb Limited, is incorporated in Zurich, Switzerland. Chubb provides insurance in more than 54 countries worldwide. They provide a wide range of products from life to home insurance. The company was founded in 1882 which primarily sold insurance coverage for marine equipment. Today, Chubb is one of the most popular insurance providers in the country, constantly receiving excellent reviews both from the industry and consumers.
Chubb home coverage includes protection for advanced digital tools, personal belongings, and a loss-settlement process that is personalized for the claims process. Chubb Masterpiece includes all primary coverage for your home for peace of mind.
However, this wide-range coverage comes at a hefty price. As the company is a premier provider you may need to shell out more for their policies. This is the reason why Chubb is mostly a carrier for expensive homes and those with high-end valuables. If your home and property do not require a coverage limit that is exceptionally high, you may want to reconsider signing up with this company. Still, if your property is located in areas that are prone to natural disasters and is at constant risk of total loss, Chubb may be your best option.
Their home protection promises to raise the typical coverage of standard policies with services such as:
- Extended Replacement Cost – In the event of a covered loss, Chubb will pay or rebuild your home to its original state, including needed upgrades for current building cost, even if the cost is higher than your policy limit.
- Cash Settlement – In the event of a total loss, whether you rebuild or build on a different area, Chubb will offer a cash settlement.
- Complementary Risk Consulting – Chubb has highly trained appraisers who can provide complementary services to make sure every part of your home is adequately covered.
- Temporary Living Arrangement – If your covered home is not livable due to loss or repair, Chubb will help you and family members find a comfortable place to stay.
- Replacement Cost Coverage – In case property inside your home is damaged, Chubb will replace all the items that turned your property into a home including items such as appliances, custom flooring, cabinets, and other fixtures. Upgraded appliances will be replaced with the exact or latest model. Belongings will be replaced without accounting depreciation, up to the limit of the policy.
- Extras – Homeowner policies will include extra coverage which protects the home from unexpected situations. This includes unique situations such as tree removal after a storm, lock replacement, or electronic data restoration for issues such as a virus attack. HomeScan is also available to help reveal issues such as leaks, faulty electrical connections, or missing insulations.
While most insurance providers offer add-ons to their standard policies, Chubb already baked all of these “extras” into their standard policy:
- Water backup
- Rebuild ordinance or law
- Identity fraud
- Equipment breakdown
- Wildfire defence services
- Family protection coverage
- Scheduled property
- Inflation guard
You can also take advantage of the different discounts that Chubb offers.
- Multi-Policy Discount – You can save up to 20% when you combine different policies such as auto and home insurance. Additionally, you can get 55% off if you buy jewelry or valuable coverage.
- Renovated or New Home Discount – You can save up 17% if your home is newly renovated within the past 6 years. You can also get up to 25% savings for homes that are 10 years or less.
- Loss-Free Discount – If you have not filed a claim in the past 3 years you can get as much as a 5% discount.
- Superior Protection Discount – You can get as much as 15% off if you have a combination of the following: 24/7 security guard, smart home devices, a full-time caretaker, if you have a perimeter gate, or if you permanently installed a backup generator.Additional Protection Discount – You can get an additional 5% savings for installing a fire alarm, burglar alarm, if your home is located in a gated community, a sprinkler system is installed in at least 10% of the area in your home, a fire hydrant is located at least 1,000 feet from your home.
- Payment Discount – A discount of 2% can be applied if you paid in a single payment at least twice in the last 5 years.
Chubb Home Insurance Ratings
Chubb has consistently ranked as one of the top insurance companies offering a solid home insurance policy. A.M. Best ranked the company A++ or Superior in terms of financial strength. As for customer satisfaction, Chubb received fewer than the median score and an About Average score from J.D. Power.
Clearsurance, a website that shows real reviews from customers, Chubb consistently received good scores.
“Chubb is second to none” – Seth18
“Chubb is here for you in times of crisis” – hberger82
“Expensive Time Consuming Pain in the Neck” – spongebob
Pros And Cons
Features To Enjoy
One of the best things that Chubb offers is its unique digital tools that you will be able to take advantage of. They offer electronic filing of claims, electronic upload of documents, online and mobile bill payment, and policy view. Additionally, they also have useful apps like the Estimate App, Mobile App, and HomeScan.
Overall, Chubb is a great insurance company to pick especially if you have high-end valuables and an expensive home. It provides a wide range of protection to make sure your property is protected in its entirety. However, if you own an average home, you may reconsider if paying this high premium will be useful at all.